Spouse Residency Permit

After submitting your citizenship application, your spouse or significant other can apply for their permesso di soggiorno—their residency permit allowing them to stay in Italy beyond their standard tourist visa.

We’ll take care of preparing and submitting the application with all the details of your pending application for a smooth process.

Reunited and it feels so good

What’s living in paradise if your closest loved ones aren’t there with you?

Obtaining a long-term residency permit is a multi-step process spanning across multiple agencies; starting with Poste Italiane—the Italian post office—and ending with a division of your local questura—police headquarters.

We’ll help you cut through all the confusion and conflicting information by completing and submitting the initial application and then guiding you on what to expect for the appointments that follow. Don’t worry, they’re usually spread out over several months, so you’ll have plenty of time.

Our service includes:

  • Permesso di soggiorno packet retrieval
  • Application & packet preparation
  • Accompanying you to application submission
  • Guidance on subsequent appointments
Request A Quote

Frequently asked questions

Here are some common questions we get about Spouse Residency Permit. Don't see your question? No problem.

Get In Touch
  • How long is the permit good for?

    The residency permit—permesso di soggiorno—for family reunification is valid for (5) years from the date of initial application. It can subsequently be renewed.

  • Can I stay in Italy while my permit is processing?

    Yes. Upon submitting the application, you will be provided a confirmation slip showing that your residency permit application is in process. This grants you legal permission to remain in Italy while waiting for your actual permit.

  • Can I travel while waiting for my residency permit?

    You may travel freely between Italy and your home country while waiting for your residency permit. It is strongly recommended to fly directly between Italy and your home country. At a minimum, you should avoid layovers in other Schengen countries.

    Until you have a valid permesso di soggiorno, you may only travel to other Schengen countries if you are within the limits of the passport and visa from your home country.

Explore our package options

Need more than Spouse Residency Permit? We offer packages to save you time and money. It also streamlines the process doing it all together.

Available Locations

We offer Spouse Residency Permit for citizens or residents of the following locations.

Not sure where to start?

Our eligibility quiz is the perfect starting point to know your exact next steps in your citizenship process. You can start there or contact us with questions about any of our services.